Monday, January 27, 2020

24th Week - Training for Ironman Texas 2020 - Revealing the Ironman

The last three weeks are the best group of weeks yet in my ironman training. My legs feel it.  My body and mind are fatigued like I have only experienced in endurance sports training.  I can say that I really don't know what is holding me up.  But that is not entirely true.  I just don't know how I am being held up to all this.  Truth is,  it is not a what is holding me up but a Who.

There may come a time in this journey when I can no longer go on.  Right now,   I am being taken farther and deeper into the abyss. If I come out the other side to the event:  great.  If I go as far as I can and it is not far enough to make the event;  I will be OK.  This journey itself is worth the effort.  The "going up is worth the coming down."  The very least I will get out of this journey is a sense of my own limitations.

In these 24 weeks, I have been taken farther into this journey already than my own abilities could have taken me.  Perhaps God has been found something in me worthy of bringing out; something only brought out through pain, fatigue, and discomfort.   Maybe through all this, there is a witness for others to demonstrate what God can do in their lives.  Perhaps we are all fertile fields waiting for the right challenge from God; that we might accept that challenge and push through the journey He has set us upon.  Perhaps, down there somewhere we are all an Ironman needing only the journey to reveal it.

No comments:

Post a Comment