Monday, January 13, 2020

22nd Week - Training for Ironman Texas 2020 - Quite the Journey



Weeks tend to go the same.  I hit a lull and training is lacking.  Then I have a few days of putting some good volume down.  Last week was no exception but, in the end, I had a good week in terms of volume. It seems my self-perception about training is generally negative.  It never seems good enough to be called good.

This ironman effort is so self-revealing.  That is, the raw nature of the fatigue that seems to come in on me at times has the effect of allowing me to be brutally honest about myself. Some of the camo about myself gets stripped away and there I lay exposed. And while it seems almost natural at these times to acknowledge my many weaknesses, I must take possession of my own strengths as well. I can see through the fatigue haze that I have come a long way over tough personal terrain, and somehow persevered in spite of my weaknesses.

This is quite the journey.  So many times I want to cave in and lead a normal life and at other times I fear not being on a journey.  This is an adventure in self-discovery and I would imagine I will be on some kind of journey until life's journey itself is over and I have gone to be with God.

The photo -My nephew is a physician with an orthopedic group and he sent me a suit that they had designed and produced

No comments:

Post a Comment