Wednesday, January 8, 2020

21st Week-Training for Ironman Texas 2020 - Cobwebbed Comfort Corner

Momentum- wish I had it.  Can't seem to get going.  "A body in motion tends to stay in motion and a body at rest tends to stay at rest."  The last part, yeah, that's where I am at.  I feel I have rested myself into a deep fatigue.  Motivation lull post-holidays - as much as I tried to avoid taking a hit from the holidays, it looks like I have been wounded and I am bleeding myself into training apathy. There is not much here for a kick start so if I am going to continue with this ironman effort, it will require getting myself out of the cobwebbed comfort corner and get focused.

Last week was mediocre which is pretty good for the training motivation state I am in.  But, mediocre in training is a recipe for a DNF or not showing up at all for the event.  So, here in this blog post, I have beat my lazy self up a bit with good reason. Now, will I go on, or has apathy metastasized to terminate this ironman effort altogether?  So, I will pray for a hand up and for the strength and the will to go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment