Tuesday, December 31, 2019

20th Week - Training for Ironman Texas 2020 - NEW YEAR

Happy New Year tonight finds me with a new supply of resolve for doing this ironman.  It is not certain whether I have ever felt this forward at this time on my other ironman training attempts which all ended in failure. Today I finished my training plan and it really looks scary.  But this time it seems I am more in a "bring it on" mode than ever before when confronted with the enormity of this task.  Last week I had some rocky spots but came through with my resolve intact.  Praise God for that.

Adding up the years training totals, it wasn't a bad year overall. There were some setbacks early but my consistency has been good and I think that is quite important in this kind of challenge. Something is different.  It seems I am more into God and God is more into me at this time.  Whatever I need to do to hold that position, I need to do that.

So as 2019 fades, 2020 begins, I look at all the hard training to come and my heart quickens with fear and my lips smile at the challenge and my heart thanks God for this life and this opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment