Wednesday, November 6, 2019

13th Week - Training for Ironman Texas 2020 - I Still Believe in Miracles


Last week was not that bad as I got my long bike and my long run done on consecutive days.  I felt it later but it felt good while doing it and I still feel good about just getting that done.  Sure it is nothing like the training to come but every day I get out there and do what I have for the day; I take that one more step toward the event. When I consider my age (75), my own disabilities and my lack of talent and all the present illnesses and disabilities of several friends and family, then I begin to believe more and more that each day I succeed is a miracle.

Tomorrow I will have to do my long ride on the indoor trainer:  tough duty.  For me it is hard to stay on an indoor training for several hours, cranking away. So, when I step on I will be looking for my miracle of the day to get me through.

Like I said in the last post; I intend to take one day at a time until I finish the event in April 2020 or the miracles stop and I can't go on. God knows  I am in way over my head. It will take a miracle of sorts every day.    But, I still believe in miracles.

No comments:

Post a Comment