Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Week #15 - Training for Ironman Texas 2020- Bouncing Back

  Last week I finally took two days off in a row:  a real revelation for me.  Overall weekly training hours weres only down 1 hour on the average so I guess I bounced back well.   Bouncing back; I guess that is the only physical gift God gave me; to just getting up off the floor and try to fight one more round; that is all I have got to go with.  When that plays out I am out of bullets.

But time is passing quickly and I need to ramp up and get serious or get off this ride. I want to ride a while longer.  As I write this both legs are tender with soreness from a couple of great bike rides in some great weather.  There is a sort of satisfaction in that if that makes any sense.  When I get up from the chair and it hurts a bit, I know I fought the good fight today.  I sense God is pleased with my effort as well, and that makes it all the more worthwhile to go at it this week, to "run the race set before me."

No comments:

Post a Comment