Thursday, February 25, 2016

Decision Day

In most stories, movies, and such there is one point in the plot when there is a high point upon which the story hinges. In Rocky I, for me, it was when he got up off the canvas after being bombed by a vicious uppercut. From then on it was all Rocky in the story.

Today, feels like the pivot point for me in my ironman training. After trying hard to catch up on my training after being set back by medication, I have come to the point where the day seems to say: "this will tell if you can be ready in time." It is the day of my thirteen mile run. Previous long runs have left my knees hurting even when I walk. I know I don't have the time in on these legs but I wonder if they can get up off the canvas in time or should we just wait for a rematch. Today will tell. I just know it. I don't know how, but I just know it.

So I go back to the beginning. "In the beginning God-----" It is all through Him and for Him. This run will either be blessed or it won't. I will either go on or I won't. But at the end of the day, I think I will know. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment