Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Dedicating My Best

The rash that was on his head has spread to his body to include the inside of his mouth. That was the report from a call just moments ago. My brother-in-law is fighting cancer ( brain, lung) and this is probably side effects from the radiation.

This Sunday I am dedicating my half ironman distance performance to him. His picture will be worn during the event while I keep him in my heart, wishing in some way, to share my health and vitality with him.

I told him that if I fail, please know that I will have done my best. Surely, it is true that in giving our best, succeed of fail, we will be blessed through it.

1 comment:

  1. The great thing about giving our best is that it is ALWAYS enough. There is no fail. I'm sorry to hear about your BIL, and send prayers to him in his fight.

    Best of luck in your race, I will think of you out there on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete