Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Seize the Day

Morning broke fresh with promise. The fruits of this day are there for my enjoyment. Or, are they? Once sun has dried the dew, and the shadows of morning have disappeared, light will reveal that, indeed, this is my day, but it must be captured and secured; it must be seized. There will be competing influences, demands of others, attitude downers and a host of "good" things I could do with my day that dawned so beautifully.

The impulse is to meander around my place here and just bask in it all. But, there will be plenty of basking time later, I suppose. Several of my family and friends are fighting battles with cancer, heart disease, respiratory distress, and all manner of disabilities. Yet, for me, today dawned healthy and capable; I am in training for an event coming very soon. I have been blessed with this day, this opportunity, to use it well. In the end, the only one who can take it from me or make me live it unwisely is myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment