Saturday, July 24, 2010

Is This The End?

Doing marathons, I have hit the "wall" several times. About 3 days ago, I hit the wall at three miles on my run; not usual; not good. I was overcome with a shaky weakness; breathing didn't come easily and I just had to quit. The heat was oppressive: yes. The heat index was over 100: yes. But I have survived in conditions like this before, many times. Maybe that is the problem: the many times. Took a complete day off and feel a little better but not really that much better. Of course, I am concerned, and of course, I pray this is not for the worse. And, I can't help but wonder if this is it, the end of my athletic life. At my age, I realize that I am on borrowed time in doing stuff like this but like an eternal dreamer, I never, ever want to see it end.

So, I have no other good choice but to "walk by faith and not by sight" until I am shown. Meantime, I pray for just a few more days, weeks, months, years, of this spendid lifestyle.

5/16/15 - Now, almost 5 years later, I find my prayers answered. I have had the most volume of training in those 5 years than I had in my entire life. Five years ago, the best was yet to come. Today, I failed to start but succeeded in training for a full ironman....Now, is this the end? Probably not, God is still in it and my heart still beats warm to go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment