Sunday, June 27, 2010

It Dawned On Me

Got out at first light for a 7 mile run; beautiful! The haze hung in a blanket cloud over the large hay meadows. Birds were chorusing all along the road as if they were cheering me on. The moon still shone from among the multiple soft colors of dawn and I had all this to myself; I felt great!

Sometimes I think we should move to the city and a more modern lifestyle; a place where I could get with running buddies and have easy access to stuff folks take for granted. Then mornings like this say I am in the right place.

Three deer stopped in the middle of the road and watched me until I got close then they eased on off the road into the woods. I only saw one vehicle on my eight mile run; saw more deer than people. Yes, I know that this has been said so many times throughout this blog but it is so abundantly true it bears repeating: I am truly blessed! Thank you God.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a beautiful morning. Living in the country certainly has some wonderful blessings. Especially for an athlete.
    I live in the city now and I'm not sure if the deer are a blessing or a curse ;-) I had four beautiful young bucks right in my front yard this weekend (our house abuts a creek and forested area which is a wildlife corridor) They were so lovely, I could *almost* forgive them for eating the tops off of all of my tomato plants!

    ReplyDelete