Thursday, June 17, 2010

Feeling the Freedom

The water on the small lake was packed with people in the swimming area. What to do? Head down swimming right through the melee like a race start. The sounds of squealing children and the muffled tones of adults began to ebb away leaving me with only the sounds of my own swimming. I was free in the open water of the lake. No, lane lines, no turns, just stroke in rhythm; enjoy. Seems I almost went to sleep until I looked up to see I was nearing the other side of the lake. Then turn and swim from one end of the lake to the other and back again, the water all to myself. Something brought me to and I looked at the watch to find I had swam the amount of time I had planned. Heading to the sounds of the swimming area in the distance, I turned and went up and down the lake one more time. Feeling blessed; feeling free.

No comments:

Post a Comment