Saturday, August 28, 2010

"--the Beasts of the Wild Shall Be Lead by a Child"

My 2 year old granddaughter fell down. Before she could start crying good, I picked her up, dusted her off and took her to the back of my truck to see my bike. My plans had been to do long bike adventure. For some reason, she always likes for me to show her my bike and today was no exception. A I talked to her about how great a bike it was, she pointed at the bike and said something unintelligible. Of course, I agreed.

As she continued to point to the bike, I went over its many salient features. In doing so, I noticed, what appeared to be a crack in my seat tube, just below the seat post collar. Naw, couldn't be! Feeling of it, putting a fingernail in the crack brought me to the conclusion: it was a crack, a serious crack, one that could have caused me serious harm if worsened out on the road...say on a 60 mile bike ride like I had planned.

Explaining all about my bike with my granddaughter had forced me to inspect my bike more cloely. And, possible harm might have been averted through a child's curiosity about her grand father and his old bike.

Sometimes I think God sends us angels and sometimes, I think they are the children in our lives.

1 comment:

  1. Some people would call that a coincidence. I like to call it a blessing.

    ReplyDelete