Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Go Die on the Mountain

 My 80 years have not been lived without learning something.  I haven't been asleep in my recliner all these years, you know.    Now, to add to advanced age, snail-like run pace.   Unstable and often painful knee, no road experience in over a year on the bike, and on and on, ad nauseam.  

Now, to discourage me further, and send me off to permanent retirement in reclinerville, to become and a fearful follower of the media, here comes COVID.  My wife and son are down with and having been exposed, I wait my turn for a little more misery. 

While it is early in this quest that I haven't even explained yet, this certainly is a hope dasher, taking away a lot of the rah-rah that great beginnings often have.  Whatever is trying to stop me is surely making it easier to quit.  But I have found that easy roads seldom lead anywhere really worth going to.  It's the climbs that make the course.  So, when and if I get COVID and, God willing, I recover from it, I'm still going for the climb. One can die on the mountain, or melt away like ice cream on a hot day in a recliner.

No comments:

Post a Comment