Monday, January 1, 2024

Ironman Waco 70.3 - Silly Me I Think It Will be OK

 How can this be?  A new beginning and the first fresh day of a new year and I forgot to do my strength and flexibility regimen.  I also messed around until it was too late to do my indoor bike ride. So, the New Year's question is: am I really that committed to going all in for a half-ironman event.  It doesn't look like it from here, today, no, not at all.

And I don't seem all spun up over my negligent behavior.  Maybe I really don't want this bad enough?  Maybe I know I am over the hill and realize that this is all one big facade where I try to act like a younger man without significant injuries?  But it is most likely part of the wisdom that comes with all this aging stuff.  Silly me, I think it will be OK.  

Of course, I did run on my trails for the first time in a few weeks.  Painful but tolerable, not bad.  Glad I faced that one down for now.  Plus, I did about 40 minutes of good mountain bike riding.  I split firewood for a spell and worked with my tractor before coming in for the night.  So, the day wasn't a complete waste.  I ate clean today and feel good as I ready for bed.  I am at peace about my half-Ironman 70.3 training, as it is months away.  And I gave all this to God, win, lose, or whatever, a long time ago.  Since it is essentially out of my hands, Silly me, I think it will be OK.




No comments:

Post a Comment