Monday, January 15, 2024

Cold Thoughts- For the Good Days

 Ice on the steps and I am wondering when the power will go off.  With all the high-tech new and improved plastic everything, I wonder why, more than ever, we have trouble keeping the power on. So, I am stuck in the house, thankful for a fireplace and the hope that winter won't last forever.  

I did a couple hours on my trainer bike last night which left me hopeful.  Today, I am living the old man in me, and need to get moving.  I haven't done much but read, check my phone, and take a nap.  If this is a normal day for an 80-year-old, I really won't make that turn in life well.  I don't know how people do it.  Maybe they just feel worse than I do? Maybe illness and disability over time have taken the stinger out of the bee in their lives.

And two, I don't see how folks live up north where this weather as normal winter fare. So I have sat here, thought about it, and written myself into feeling blessed.  

I am blessed I have that hot coal in my heart that wants more, that is intensely dissatisfied with lethargic living.  I am blessed to live where I do, where this kind of raw weather will pass into beautiful days; days for good training; days outside with good people who care for me.  God thank you for the hope within in me - for the good days, now and every more.

No comments:

Post a Comment