Monday, November 22, 2021

Ironman Texas Week # 8 - Thanksgiving

 There seems to be a pull toward nothingness in my training.  Yes, I am well aware that I live  in a motivational wasteland for things like endurance sports, but I have always seemed to do the "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" thing, and find enough inside to keep moving, eventually.  Eventually, is what I am hoping for.   I have read ironman stuff, seen motivation Ironman videos with all the rah-rah, and still nothing.  I am passing through a dead zone in my ironman quest.  What is surprising though is that when I do train, I find I am really doing well at it.  Strange things, we humans are.  

Perhaps with two months of this under my belt, it is God's way of making me relax and let it happen, stress less and enjoy this journey.  There may never be another for me at age 78.  

This week is Thanksgiving and I have so much be thankful for.  May I indeed relax, praise God for all He has made of me, and all He has done for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment