Monday, February 10, 2020

26th Week - Training for Ironman Texas 2020 - Whatever Happens

Last week was not bad; not great but good enough to be somewhat satisfying in the effort I made.
Consistency is doing really well in my plan but whether that translates into a good performance on race day or not; who knows?  But I get really tired and am not sure I am in way over my head on this one.  Sometimes, no, lots of times, I want to chunk this whole game, take my marbles and go home. In fact, these times come so frequently that I wonder if I still have the motivation to go through all this. And,  I keep asking myself  "why."  Does God really want me to keep on with this?  Lots of times I am not sure.

But too, I am so tired all the time. I can sleep almost anywhere at any time.  This is the journey I signed up for.   In the midst of getting all beat up physically and fatigued to a vegetative state mentally, I still can remember and still find the strength to just keep putting one day after another; one week after another into this training.  Who knows what will come out the other side.  I guess I will leave that to God and walk by faith not by sight right now.  Whatever happens, that will take me home.


No comments:

Post a Comment