Monday, December 23, 2019

19th Week - Training for Ironman Texas 2020 - Focus Practice

Last week had to be pulled out of the fire.  So many outside issues with Christmas coming up and the home repairs required put a crimp in my getting training in.   However, on a physical level, I seem to be holding up well. In fact, I think my running has greatly improved and my bike endurance is there on rides around 30-40 miles.  So I feel good about that but this training is about to go deeper and I am not sure my fragile support system will allow an increased effort to survive.   But here we go, all prayed up and psyched up, to "lay aside every weight and the sin that so easily besets us and run the race set before me looking to God the author and finisher of my faith"  If I can't do that, I won't make it. If I can I will have at least a chance of making it on race day.  So, if nothing else comes of this it will be some focus practice and some laying aside workouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment