Monday, December 6, 2021

Ironman Texas 2022 - 10th week -

 Somehow I am surviving.  It's like the marathon I ran in cold rain once:  just keep moving forward.  You don't have to see too far forward, just keep going forward.  And of course, the biggest stumbling block on my path the Ironman Texas is that old nemesis: ME.  I am the one giving in to the temptations to slow or stop, to get turned aside.  I am the one who dreams up every excuse to avoid extreme effort.  I am the one blaming others for slowing my progress down.  I am the one.  "We have met the enemy and he is us." 

Last week was the best in total hours and workout qualitiy so far on  this journey.  For what overcoming I did to get there; thank you God.  For the good attitude that vibrates my being this morning: thank you God. 

And so, I move on. It is a slow start this morning.  Gave in to the temptation to revel in last week's sucess too long. Not it is time to get moving again into the experience of another week on the journey. 



No comments:

Post a Comment