Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Ironman Training Week 1 - Something New - Bless Me On My Journey

 Day before yesterday I began another Ironman Journey.  This is to lead to April 23, 2022.  I will be 78 competing as a 79 year old and that doesn't look that good from here.  There is a good chance I will be the oldest one doing the event, but so what? 

Even if it comes to naught, I have before me 32 weeks of training and I love that experience.  It is a saga all its own.  It has gone well thus far.  Impediments to training have already surfaced and will have to be dealt with but they didn't catch me by surprise this time.  

I have resolved to lose about 15 pounds before the event which requires that I do without chips, cookies, refined sugar (except during training) and go to bed at a regular hour to get adequate rest.  I already eat a plant based diet (no meat, no fish, no cheese, no dairy, minimal sugar, and bad fats consuming lots of vegetables and fruits and nuts and whole grains. )  

I am also going to ramp up my morning strength/flex sessions in the mornings and be more consistent.  Already I do 60 push ups a lot of days plus some light weight workouts.  So, I am not coming at this cold turkey. 


And for personal and spiritual development, I will read my Bible every day and practice deep breathing and personal prayer and meditation.  I think I have have a good plan if I can just continue to execute it well.  This is not as fearful and apprehension producing as other ironman training attempts.  There is not much to lose and much to gain from this journey.  Bless me again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment