Thursday, August 19, 2021

A COVID Compatible Dream

 


The COVID thing doesn't seem to ever want to go away.  Mask, don't mask, vaccinate, don't vaccinate and all the rest gets bantered back and forth and COVID moves on into folks lives like visitors who come and don't ever seem to leave.   Kona, the World Championship, the Golden Child of my sport is in jeopardy of not being held in October again this year.  Lots of other things are disheartening, but the feeling from that sort of sums up the attitude of the moment. 

What do I do with this journey; this journey that has staggered and fallen a lot lately:  an ironman deferred, a sprint triathlon I will miss next month  and a half ironman I will miss because of COVID.  And then there is my Ironman Texas in April. What are the chances? I live in the land of "who knows?"  

In this land there is not much motivation to have hope, to really go all in  for a "who knows" spring event.  After all these disappointments and setbacks over the last year and a half, right now, at this moment, I just want to stop worrying  about all of that and do something else; dream another more COVID compatible dream.  Of course, I can't quit training at least some.  I am addicted to it. And, I love it.  That is how I feel today and I am going to mine these moments to get all gold from this perspective and perhaps gain self revelation in the process and growth as an outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment