Saturday, June 13, 2020

Days of the Dead Zone


Almost a month since I posted.  So much negative has gone on.  There is so much anger, resentment and lack of understanding that a goal like an event just withers on the vine.  This are the days of the dead zone.  Even prayer is getting harder to accomplish and of course I wonder how God can let us get like this.  But, I come to realize we came to this on our own without putting God in the equation.

And of course this is the time of the sweltering summer heat which beats me down every year at this time.  To make it worse my bum knee started swelling up, acting up, making my running in the dog days of summer painful with almost every step.  Then looking at all the cancelled events there is no clear path to participate again; to train for again.

It reminds me of the time we were anchored in a cut just off the Gulf of Mexico, far away from anything.  We were sleeping in our boat when in the middle of the night a storm came in .  Our puny anchor was being dragged mercilessly and we were being pushed out to see by the wind.  There was no other real choice but to start the motor and try to find our way back to shore in the dark and pouring rain.  What a wake up that was.

Right now me and my anchor are dragging  but now I am fully awake, awake enough to  have faith that God  has  got this in spite of the storm.  We are not so far out to sea that He can't show us the way back even in the dark and pouring  His motor will start. Though it might look grim, I know that whatever happens, come morning, I will find myself safely on His shore.


No comments:

Post a Comment