Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Ironman Diary - Days 15-16

This is the first time that I am having motivation issues on this journey. Just as the weather is on the verge of being good for training; just when I may not be running or biking in 90-100 degree weather, my "want-to" wants to go home and not play anymore.  Not sure why that is. I feel good enough. I have no major injuries or regular pains.  I just am running out of go juice.

Life is like that sometimes; the spark goes out and the purpose you could see vividly, now is quite dim and indistinct.  I don't know what to blame it on.  If this were a new issue, I would say that I pretty much train in the dark; that is, rah-rah support is minimal.  Seldom does anyone ask me about my training.   Everyone has their own stuff, their own doings.  I get that. And, like I have written before, I have been training for ironman for about 6-7 years now.  This qualifies for top ranking in the "ho-hum, I'm nodding off" department for most.  I get that too.   I have gotten over all that before and was doing well putting all that aside this time. But now I just am having trouble pulling my self up. 

There really is not a problem to get a handle on to fix.  I have gotten my workouts done the last couple days:  a couple good bike trainer rides, a couple good runs;  a good swim non-stop for about half the ironman swim distance.  So what is wrong? 

My last resort is to get away for 2-3 days, train minimally and do some  things different than train, like do the tractor work I have been putting off to improve the trails in the woods; go fishing, ready my fall garden or read without interruption.   I have read at least a chapter a day of the Bible since starting this program but maybe I could read more?  Maybe I could pray more and longer in quiet places to get the strength and will to go on, or the courage to quit this altogther if God says "enough."

No comments:

Post a Comment