Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Two Miles of the Journey - Swimming

Years ago it was colossal that I could swim a mile. And, sure, back then I stopped, got my breath, adjusted my goggles, took little breaks until I finally finished enough laps to have swum a whole mile. Amazing !

Today I only swam 2 miles: a regular recovery day. There was no stopping. I mostly had the pool to myself and swam strong, without stopping. Not bragging here but mightily thankful, that it wasn't that hard. If I had had more time, I would have done much more. But my goal is just to get out of the water feeling good at Ironman Texas. I did that for two miles of the journey today. After my good bike/run yesterday, I feel like a kid on Christmas morning. Thank you God...I appreciate this so much.

"Strength doesn't come from what you can do, it comes from overcoming things you thought you couldn't."

No comments:

Post a Comment