Monday, January 12, 2015

Training Continues

Monday January 11th...training for IM TX resumes. The training has been consistent but not great. My long rides and long runs have not come off like I had hoped. The weather has been cold, wet, and dreary and where I live, running on trails gets very slippery; the feet get very wet and cold; not something I look forward to. The bike has been indoors and doing OK. Last week I had 166 total miles with a 50 miler for the longest.

Support, motivation: I watch IM DVDS and bike race DVDS. Sometimes this isn't easy to pull oneself up and out, but its the journey and I can say that almost without realizing it, this journey is changing me. Looking back at my records I can see I have done a lot of overcoming putting in the miles training swim-bike-run. And just about the time I think no one notices, my granddaughter reminds me of a workout on my training schedule which is on the refrigerator. I am so blessed to have the burden to carry, this mission to fulfill.

No comments:

Post a Comment