Monday, April 9, 2012

Giving Air to the Ego

"You could do that Austin half right now.  You know that."  I think she meant it when my wife dismissed my reservations about doing this event
http://ironmanaustin.com/  in October.  

It made me think. Yeah, you know, I probably could.  I could probably push through this somehow to get it done, right now.  It wouldn't be pretty but it could be done. So, why do I give air to my fears?  Perhaps, it is to make my training seem that much more difficult and intense.  Perhaps I am giving air to my ego by giving air to my alleged fears? 

I feel the blessing of God in going for this.  Truth is, I would like to be in terrific shape for this event and qualify for the World Championship in my age group.  Today, let me face that truth, and train to make it real.

No comments:

Post a Comment