Thursday, December 29, 2011

Let This Be the Year

For better or worse, this will be a different year. Will this year be the year I finally do my Ironman? Or, is this the year I have to quit triathlons altogether? Is this the year?

Is this the year I get on top of self-indulgent habits? Or, is this the year I just cave in completely to creature comforts? Is this the year I get on top of my anger, guilt, and pride to become more fully who God would have me be? Is this the year?

Is this the year I become more sure of myself and what I stand for that I can be more accepting of others? Is this the year I can love my fellow man more fully despite our differences? Let this be the year.

2 comments:

  1. We never know, do we? Yet we can be assured that whatever happens, it will make us grow and stretch and become someone new. I wish you all the best in 2012, your goals, dreams, and wishes and the journey of your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that every year is a year to strive for such awareness and control of self! Sometimes we are better at it than other!
    Al the best, and may this be a great one!!!

    ReplyDelete