Sunday, November 27, 2011

Holding Position/Defending Hope 2011- Updated Thanksgiving 2017

I ate too much! I ate too badly. Didn't train. It was cold out. We had company. I was a little tired. My knees hurt some. And, the fire is warm, the couch is soft and bottom line: I am lazy.

And passion for goals, passion for growth, is eroded away by a stream of tempting creature comforts. It is war with the natural man; the man, who would eat himself into illness, sit himself until muscles atrophy, dull himself to lack of self-respect. God calls us out from the natural man, to be all we were created to be, to say no to the beginnings of erosion that would destroy our bodies and the hope that He placed within us.

So, during this holiday season, with the "rockets red glare" of tempting unhealthy foods all around us, and the "bombs bursting in air" of all the excuses not to train, not to exercise, may I hold position and defend my hope.


Looking back at old blog posts gives an indication that perhaps I have made some progress; perhaps that even at this advanced age I have grown.  I have been on a vegan eating plan for about two and a half years now. No, I am not perfect in it, but I am consistent enough to be able to get off all medications and generally feel better and am as capable as I was decades ago.  This Thanksgiving I am thankful. Amen                                                              My Thanksgiving (Vegan) feast.

No comments:

Post a Comment