Saturday, November 5, 2011

Do I Dare Start Again?

Signing up for the ironman was like calling in artillery fire on my own position. It is a month now since I signed up and stuff started falling out of the trees. It has been a regular disaster derby in my life since signing up. What's up ! I had prayed about this before signing up. Seemed like it was OK. Seemed like the right thing to do, though not necessarily practical. Was the answer to my prayer, "No Way!" and I just wasn't listening?

My wife is finally over her pneumonia and I am over my URI. I will take my broken bike to the shop Monday, and my dog bite is not infected and healing well. Do I dare start again?

2 comments:

  1. OK MARVIN, I am hearing doubt in your posting--doubt leads to defeat!!! Winning is not the primary thing but competing is, so train at your pace and do the very best with what the Lord has given you to work with---and quit beating yourself up!!!!
    Glad sweet Pat is getting well and that you are feeling better after your infection.
    Buck up young timer---prayers coming your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never known you to quit Marvin. Jump back on the bike and let's get going!

    ReplyDelete