Sunday, November 6, 2011

Do I Dare Start Again? Of course.

To answer my own question: yes, I am starting again. Tomorrow, I hope to take my training from "ho-hum" to "all right!" It is probably not a good idea, but I just want to see what will come at me in the next episode of the continuing saga called "trying to train for an ironman." Seriously, not starting again is seldom a good choice. There is no other good alternative.

I can still remember that feeling of that only marathon I didn't finish; that somber crowd on the "wimp bus" that took us to the finish; the finishers who had overcame where I had quit: not a good feeling at all. Don't want that feeling back. At that time, I would have rather to have crawled all the way to that finish line than to have dared to go on.

To take the question apart: I will "dare," and I will "start again." I know how I think: the question was probably posed to renew my affirmation; an affirmation of faith. I will dare and leave the results to God.

2 comments:

  1. Now THAT'S THE SPIRIT!! With the Lord in your pocket you can't lose!
    Prayers coming your way my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Ironman, not a race but a process. Every decision you make leading up to that day makes you the Ironman you become. This is just one of those pieces that makes up the whole, and you already came up with the answer that defines who you are.

    ReplyDelete