Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Expectation to Appreciation

"You're in pretty good health," the nurse told me. It wasn't the first time in this recent health care episode that a nurse told me that. There was always an element of surprise in that statement, like it was something sort of unusual, especially for one my age. I certainly don't think I am genetically superior or just naturally healthy. Good health is something I work for, deny myself for, remain vigilant for. Sorry to say, but I have come to expect good health and great days, and expanded capability. All is well for now but the recent experience has given me a new appreciation of each day. My sensitivity is more intense. My moment by moment awareness is more keen. And, I have more appreciation than expectation, of good health, great days, and expanded capability. Today- I AM in good health. Thank you God !

1 comment:

  1. Amen my Brother. Good to hear and I will pray for continued Good Health and Great Days.

    ReplyDelete