Thursday, June 8, 2023

Give It Up; Move On?

 

My triathlon life seems to be gone yet I can't quit mourning the loss.  I see pictures of triathletes and read about events and such and still feel a part.  I still feel connected like I still can and I could but.  

I wish God would give me a firm answer to  my prayers about this.  I seem to get more "give it up and move on" feed back than anything but I am just not sure.  Maybe I just having trouble accepting that.  However, every day there is a situation which  provokes the "give it up for real, and move on" feeling.  

Scary too is the "who  will  I be" question.  It seems a sort  of cowardice I can't accept of myself well, to just fall out of the sky and drift to earth.  I know God put this passion for personal challenge and adventure within me.  Does He want me to give that up?  I can't believe He does.  Maybe that is what I want to believe so I can keep  on trying?

Others have harder problems, I know.  In the larger scheme of things my piddling questions about whether or not to give up a sport, are way down there on the food chain of importance.   

But endurance sports is such an integral  part of my faith life.  I prary a lot out there.  I pray for those in much greater need than I.   Sometimes when my prayer list of the suffering is long,  I  pray for each  person, from one road sign or bridge abatement, then pray for another on a similar stretch of road.  There has never been a shortage of people to pray for.  There is so much need in this world and here I am whining because I can't do triathlons anymore...Or, maybe I can. 



No comments:

Post a Comment