Thursday, September 8, 2022

Bike Wreck

 Last Sunday my son and I were on a bike ride.  I was following and we touched bikes and I went down hard on pavement.  My head hit but thankfully the helmet took the blow for my head. I was bleeding from several spots on my body and felt terribly shaken.  My son went to get the vehicle while I waited on the side of the road.  

A nice woman pulled up in a vehicle and asked if I needed any help.  I told her no, that my son was gone to get our vehicle,   However, she would not leave me there and she  stayed  and talked to me until my son came with the vehicle.  The world is not all what the news reports it to be.  There are concerned, caring, people out there, quietly going about doing good.  It was no surprise she is  a Christian.  

Now 72 hours later I am still sort of in a state of shock.  Parts of my body hurt but I don't think I have any broken bones, amazingly.  But, sleeping is pure horror trying to get into a position that is not painful.  Consequently, I haven't gotten a lot of sleep this week.  

This time I think I really did it.  This time I think I will require a very long recovery time and my athletic endeavors are pretty much over with for a while. And all the plans, purposes, and hopes have ended in a moment on a piece of pavement. Such is life.  Health and life is only for today.  The Lord's Prayer says, "Give us THIS DAY our daily bread."

I don't know where to take it from here right now.  I have no plans except to get through recovery.   So, I am grateful for all the great experiences I have had and the things I have accomplished.  And I am thankful for this day's bread whatever that may be.  The rest of the story? I have just have to leave the rest to God, whatever that may be. Nevertheless, thy will be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment