Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Week # 21 Training for Ironman Texas 2022 - Burn On

 The week has started well enough.  I did a 3 hour run Monday and it made me realize more vividly just how brutal this event is going to be.   I got in a 2000 yard swim yesterday in my wetsuit and it made me realize more vividly how far my training has taken me.  And, in summation, I feel good about it.  As the Bible says, I feel - "I am ready to be offered and the time of my departure is near ----"  But, the last two days was great weather.  Today however  it is cold, damp, windy, and overcast and I haven't broken a sweat yet.  

This tells me that no matter how well I do or think I am doing there is always that sedentary me in there just waiting for an excuse to express itself, to take over my activity level, diminish it, and try to destroy my hope in the process.  It also tells me that one must be constantly and vagrantly on guard against the propensity of the lesser self to want to express itself and drench our dreams.  The lesser sense is a fireman, constantly on duty to pick up on any dreams, hopes, and fire in the spirit and   try to quickly extinguish the blaze.   

Burn on, oh fire of the spirit, blaze brightly leading me on the path to the greater self, to put a smile on God's face that in spite of all, I overcame.

https://booklocker.com/books/12152.html




No comments:

Post a Comment