Monday, February 14, 2022

Week # 20 - Training for Ironman Texas 2022 - Am I Whipped?

 Another mediocre week last week and I can see a pattern here.  Life is sucking the life out of my ironman effort. No long runs, no long rides, no swimming at all, what can I expect from this half-baked training?  I do have consistency and some intensity going for me, but whether that will carry me past the lack of long training, or heavy weeks, well, I sort of doubt it. 

So, there is the problem And, what do I do about it?  Do I fold my tents and go home to an easier focus or do I find a way to bear down and get things done in this ironman training? This is a no brainer.  I can't see giving up until I know I am whipped - which I just might be.  This week I am going to go full tilt with a couple long bike rides with one having a fairly long run behind it. And then there will hopefully the stand alone - long run.  If I can't do this, I will say I am whipped and start the tent folding and the next post here will be a goodbye note. 

So there it is: my expressed disappointment in my self with yet hope for the future, with a test to see if there is indeed a future in this ironman enterprise.  I have prayed about this and I sense it is a good plan. God bless me in it and on this journey.


A Day Unlike Any Other  Day. https://booklocker.com/books/12152.html

No comments:

Post a Comment