Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Week 29 - Training for Ironman Texas 2020 - Facing Forward

It is getting so close it is scary.  I feel so unprepared but as I look back at my records I have laid down a lot of miles biking and running.  And, I have been doggedly consistent.  My goodness, I have been solid on this journey, now into its 30th week.  Before that, I was no slouch with training consistency either. The records show this.

So what am I scared of so much?  Sure, my long bikes have not materialized.  The longest bike is 75 miles.  But is that really enough to ignore the journey I have been on?  Perhaps it is that I have invested myself into this effort so much that I fear it all come to nothing yet again.   Perhaps, I would rather just walk away than to let all that effort and consistency come to nothing.   I just don't want to take the chance.  There it is.  I am afraid of using and losing what I have built.  There is such a history of failure for me with ironman efforts and I just can't seem to put that down to run the race set before me like God has asked me to.  

So, tonight in my prayers I will ask for the courage to face forward the task set before me and let God control the outcome and receive the glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment