Saturday, June 8, 2019

The Turnaround Will Be OK



My ribs still hurt from that turnaround bike crash and  I was on that same course yesterday.  It wasn't the same turnaround but it was a turnaround that brought fear.  Memories and present pain, warned me of what could happen and as I approached the turnaround. I could feel the shakiness and insecurity making it more likely I would fall in my fears.

"Help me here Lord."  "Help me here Jesus"

I keep repeating that in my mind and my prayer became reality.  The turnaround went safely; no problem.

This morning the ribs seem to hurt worse and in the long term, I wonder; I feel insecure in that here I am again, a confirmed Ironman failure trying this again.  And my ribs hurt.  The moment has obscured my future and at present I believe the pain and lack of ability. I feel inadequate for this task God has called me out to do.

Then I read a devotional  this morning  by Charles Stanley which spoke right at me.

Feeling inadequate is not a sin, but using it as an excuse is. When the Lord challenges you to do something that you feel is beyond your abilities, you have two options. You can focus on Christ and proceed in triumph or focus on yourself and withdraw in defeat.
It's really a matter of faith. God would never ask you to do something without empowering you to accomplish it. This doesn't necessarily mean you will do it perfectly, but each step of obedience is a victory. The alternative is to play it safe, but then you'll miss out on God's best for your life.
It is again, really a matter of  faith.  The turnaround will work out OK. 




No comments:

Post a Comment