Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Facing the Future - Even if You Fail

Is the beginning of this year how the rest of it will go? I hope not. So many issues to be assimulated and dealt with in last few days of the holiday seas. Ironman training, has been downgraded to whatever I can get in between episodes of other life. Each day I seem to lose more ground in my training. It reminds me of losing at tug-a-war. Little by little, the superior will and strength of the other side, drag us across the line to losing. But, the Miles of the Journey were worth it. There is a song about pursuing a dream that that goes: "you can face the future even if you fail." And I can. I had my best year ever bike riding last year; my best year swimming. Along the way were some marvelous experiences. So, as another song goes, "I thank God for the mountains and I thank God for the valleys. I thank God for all the trials He's brought me through." This coming year the sun will eventually shine. My life will eventually be mostly mine again. In the meantime, I will train as hard as can when I can, dream as big as I can, knowing that through God, I can face the future, even if I fail.

2 comments:

  1. Are you quoting ABBA now on your blog??? :-) Actually, I have to admit I have that album......

    As for losing ground on the training, remember it's better to go into the race 10% undertrained than 1 % overtrained. You already know you are tough enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Robin..Thanks for the reminder over the over/under on the training...of course you are right.

    ReplyDelete