Tuesday, December 11, 2012

It Was Stupid

Into the fray once more. Week # 5. It was was stupid to do heavy work here on the place right before a 60 mile bike ride. It was stupid to go on with the bike ride after I had hurt my back and hip here. It was stupid to ramp up my pace to a race at mile 50 when a friend joined me on my ride. Of course, he was fresh and uninjured, but my pride just wouldn't let him go. It was stupid. Now after four days of very light efforts, I am almost healed enough to resume training. It was a lesson learned. But my hope is that it will be not just be learned but acted upon in the future. I have be blessed with too much to squander this just because I was stupid.

1 comment:

  1. Well, pride got the drop on you that time...but you thoroughly squished it by admitting your mistake. I'm glad you can continue on your path with minor damage...lesson learned, moving on, righto?

    Merry Christmas!

    Celia

    ReplyDelete