Monday, November 19, 2012

Journey of Adventure: Week 1

I love it, this ironman training. such a challenge to get all this training in. Such a challenge to sift through life's moments to try to choose the most important to do with what time and life force I have. Such a challenge to say no to the tempting "good" things to do with myself, and say yes to the best thing I should be doing. The challenge seems to involve an ongoing personal audit, beginning with introspection and ending in prayer. I did OK in week one; not great but pretty good; a learning experience. This is not going to be easy. And, I can see the need to develop more focus, a tougher mind. It will come, along with the thrill of this journey of adventure with all its unknowns, scaring me some, drawing me closer to God. I prayed a lot out on the roads that my efforts might not be ego-bound, but truly be for the Glory of God. And, I prayed for a strength and endurance I do not have. But, my prayers brought realization of those in tougher straits than I: those that are hurting, or going through terrible trials, those that have serious health issues. And my prayer list got long as I contemplated their struggles while I was blessed to be out on the roads reveling in life. So, I pray for a person from this tree to the sign post or something like that, and then pray for another between this marker and that, and so on. When the list is completed, repeat. As I begin week 2, I feel so blessed for these days and this opportunity even though I am really not that good at this sport. But, heh, its all good. Emanuel: God is with us.

3 comments:

  1. I heard an analogy once. Imagine you are a man who is leaning over a cliff, trying to pull someone up from danger. You can only lean so far because you have to keep your own safety in mind. But then, imagine that there's another guy behind you, holding onto your belt. You can now lean as far as you need to, because someone's got your back.

    That's kind of like our relationship with God. We can give our best and our absolute ALL because we know He's got our backs and He will give us the strength we need.

    You are pushing through the hard things and focusing on the next step to your goal. That, my dear sir, is SUCCESS.

    Thank you so much for you comments on my blog. I can't tell you how much I appreciate them.

    Celia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great analogy, Celia ! Thanks. Many of us have had those times when we reached farther than we thought we could..but we could because God has got our backs. Bless you.

      Delete
    2. You got it.

      Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

      Celia

      Delete