Friday, February 12, 2010

"---the substance of things hoped for"

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.Hebrews 11:1



There is snow and slush on the ground in the trees, on the roof. Cold has prevailed for days with no real end in sight. I am recovering from rotator cuff surgery and still cannot swim or run. In fact, I haven't swam or ran in almost two months.
That's the downside. (see todays snow picture)

I have decided to do a half Ironman in October. This morning with it cold and frosty outside, I am making the plans like it was tomorrow, and I was in excellent condition. I laugh at myself because I plan and go on like I am certain things will change. I am energized with a giddy hope as if I had already gone through the rigorous training, and the cold had already passed. I am an optimist. But more to the point and more importantly, I am a believer. In our walk with God Faith envisions a brighter day. "Hope is the substance of things hoped for," Hope itself is the evidence. Hope already knows. Perhaps, true Hope is complete Faith. As the saying goes, faith sees the mighty oak in the acorn. (see triathlon event photo) Praise God, I am a believer! My Hope for now and forever is with God alone. The world would say, "seeing is believing" but Hope says, "believing is seeing."

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen; not only because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else." ----C. S. Lewis


No comments:

Post a Comment