Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Waiting For My New Blessing

I have been injured for most of this year. Can't remember the last time I ran without at least some pain. Running once was my passion, my get-away zone, my freedom-feeling time. But now it has been reduced to something to be endured. Once a good friend; now, often feels like and overwhelming enemy. Yesterday photos of me running have been taken down from my wall. I just don't want to remember; just don't want to go there. It breaks my heart to see photos of others striding out. I would so love to do that again. Yes, I appreciated that ability when I had it, but not nearly as much as I would appreciate it now if I had back.

Life is like that too. Amazing how endurance sports easily becomes a metaphor for life. Blessings come into our lives, stay awhile, then they are gone, no matter how much we want them to stay. But, life resupplies. The empty space left by the departure of one blessing, can be filled with another one. God is faithful. Who knows how this will flesh out? Who knows how that empty spot of present heartache will be filled. Adventure can be right there on the dawning of the new day. So, I wait patiently, expectantly, hopefully, and prayerfully for my new blessing, or my new quest, or the restoration of the old blessing I love so much and so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment