Thursday, March 14, 2013

Try-Just One More Day

Very close to pulling the plug on my ironman event. There is so much wrong going on in my body I don't even take inventory of it anymore. And, in tired times, the wrongs overrun the spirit. Why do this? Then there are days like this after a good night of sleep, good food yesterday, and an awesomely beautiful, practically windless day. And the humbled spirit raises its bloodied head to catch the sunbeams of hope; a deep breath, a small smile: just one more day. I don't have to do the ironman event. That is a couple months off. But, I just have to do justice to this one wonderful day; give more breath to this great feeling inside me. Try - just one more day. One more day: Bless me Lord in it.

3 comments:

  1. One wonderful day at a time...who knows if you'll make the goal, but you can enjoy the journey! Hang in there Marv :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, try your best to stay with it. You can not have any regrets if you give 100%. Either way, I am proud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there, Marvin. You know that it is such a mental game. It is amazing what you can accomplish physically when you stay mentally positive. You and I know what it took mentally to run that first marathon. You can do it.

    ReplyDelete