Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A Beautiful Beginning

He's gone. Cancer claimed him early this morning. My friend is gone. It was only a week ago we shared his diagnosis. I had no idea my time with my friend would be so short. After hearing the news, I looked for a photo for my computer desktop; one that might convey how I felt at this time of loss. And, I found this one, a sunset with the last glow of day fading away - a sad but beautiful ending. But wait! didn't he tell me he was not afraid of dying; that he knew and trusted his Savior? Didn't he say he didn't fear death, but he didn't want to be sick. He was at peace and went quickly. It was what he wanted. And wait again! This picture - now I remember. It-was taken before a triathlon I was about to do. No, this picture is not of a sunset at all, but a photo of the promise of dawn: not an end of day, but a beautiful beginning.

4 comments:

  1. Tears and then a smile. Life then death. Love then more Love knowing that he is is glory. The loss still stings, but knowing is life giving. So Sorry for your loss Marv. God Bless you and Your Family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for your loss Marvin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lavonne. It all bring to focus the beauty of being ready; to know. God bless you Lavonne

    ReplyDelete