Thursday, July 21, 2011

Lifting Eyes Unto the Hills

Walking after two miles of a three mile run. I was done. Recent weeks have been breakthroughs in the level of training. However, while I was setting my personal training records, so has been the heat. Maybe an indoor swim would resurrect these dead bones? Nope. My planned one mile swim was cut short at a 1000 yards. No doubt, I was done, in the valley.

But, I know that when down in the valleys, be it training or in life's journey, the only Way to look from there is up. So, I look up. " I lift up mine eyes unto the hills from whence cometh my help." The hills seems awesome to climb, but strength to climb out will be delivered and so will I. There will come a time when my brain will not be fatigue-fried like it is now, and perhaps the blog posts then, might even make sense.

1 comment:

  1. That makes a lot of sense to me. I'm filing this one under my must-remember section in my brain for the next time I find myself in one of those valleys.

    I have no idea how anyone trains in that kind of heat anyways. I was bemoaning our cooler-than-usual summer, but I think I should start appreciating it...

    ReplyDelete