Monday, May 15, 2017

Uncover and Discover

Over three weeks since my ironman effort and my knee is finally healed. I would like to think it healed to stronger than it was before. I would like to think that I have recovered to more than I was before. I think its true.

A line from a song says, "And something's lost and something's gained in living every day." The ironman experience was "living' in high definition. And, something is changed: me. Another saying goes that a rubber band stretched to its limit never goes back to its original shape. I have been tried; I have been stretched. I can't go back. I have tasted the calling; reveled in the gift, seen places inside; rooms laid dusty and vacant until now.

I have always been intrigued by the thought that the possibility to have cell phones has always been with us, even back when Indians were sending up smoke signals, or even as far back as when cave men were writing on cave walls. The potential for cell phones has always been with us. We just had to uncover and discover it.

On a personal level who knows what potential lies within us? Who knows what we are capable of if can summon the strength and courage to uncover and discover. I ask God, "Should I do another ironman?" From my reading of His word and my own relationship with Him, I sense His answer: "Why not? I have placed the potential within you. Have the strength and courage to step out in faith and uncover and discover yet again."

No comments:

Post a Comment