Sunday, January 24, 2016

That Was Hard

That was hard. My eight mile run was not that much fun. Some pains came back. It was hard to hold on when confronted with the demons of "don't hurt yourself," or "you can try this again next week. "Keep going." Sure, I knew this was going to be rough: the longest run in six weeks; only one run this far in three months. There was no gradual ascent; no time for that considering the time already lost. This run reminded me of someone riding a bull and trying to stay on for eight seconds. I was trying to hang on for eight miles. I survived, but that's about all. Almost everything I have is sore. Yeah, I will go on for now, but this first challenge doesn't look too promising. Lots of doubts were raised about f\ enduring the much tougher training yet to come.

Unscathed though, is my peace with it all. However it turns out, God's got it, and I will be okay. Yeah the peace within hasn't changed, because it was given by a changeless God.

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27

No comments:

Post a Comment