Saturday, September 1, 2018

Ironman Diary: Days 12 & 13

Yesterday I felt like I was beat up pretty bad.  Nothing worked and I was so tired.  The heat, the training was taking its toll of one who shuns a day off.  This was to be a slower lighter week and it has been.  Guess I needed this.  But it was amazing how rotten I felt yesterday. Then today:

Didn't feel that great but did feel some better.  However, I couldn't see how I would get that 9 mile run in the heat done today.  But, just begin, I told myself.  I did.  The first mile was awful.  I wanted to quit but thought, just go a little longer.  Slowly, almost imperceptively, like the sun rising, I came back.  I found myself running stronger at the end of my workout than the beginning.

What does that mean?  Don't believe the moment would be a good start.  Have faith in your training and the God who brought you here to test yourself in this arena.  Trust enough to just begin in spite of yourself, to go a little longer, to go a little farther than you think you can.  And perhaps, day will dawn bright upon my efforts.  I so pray that.  Thanks God for the opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment