Monday, April 4, 2011

Enduring People

It didn't happen this morning, like planned. The medical procedure for which I had lived on liquids for a few days, and finally fasted for, had to be moved to tomorrow. Hang on a little longer, just a little longer. Yeah, I have heard that phrase many times in my endurance sports journey. Hanging on is, in a way, what we do; what we teach ourselves. And, I think it is a good skill to have practiced. Sometimes life is about hanging on just a little longer. And perhaps, even then,  something comes up, something goes wrong, and it is hang on a little longer time again. 

My view: the world needs more enduring people. Someone once wrote that "the world won't end with a bang but a whimper." I think enduring people will try to make it end with a bang; at least for themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment